Jukani Wildlife Sanctuary forms part of The South African Animal Alliance. Currently 3 sanctuaries fall under this conservation umbrella. The 3 sister sanctuaries are Jukani, Monkeyland and Birds of Eden.
These are the rates for Monkeyland, Birds of Eden and the Jukani Wildlife Sanctuary
1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023 and 1 Jan 2024 - 31 Dec 2024
|1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023||1 Jan 2024 - 31 Dec 2024|
(Monkeyland or Birds Of Eden or Jukani)
|R 350.00 (adult)
R 175.00 (child 3/12years)
|R 380.00 (adult)
R 190.00 (child 3/12years)
(Any 2 Sanctuaries)
|R 590.00 (adult)
R 295.00 (child 3/12years)
|R 610.00 (adult)
R 305.00 (child 3/12years)
Three Sanctuary Hopper (all 3 Sanctuaries)
|R 700.00 (adult)
R 350.00 (child 3/12years)
|R 760.00 (adult)
R 380.00 (child 3/12years)
Monkeyland and Birds of Eden offer tours from 8am to 5pm, unless other times are pre-arranged, and these two sanctuaries close at 5pm so last entry/tour is at 4pm. Jukani Wildlife Sanctuary is open daily from 9am to 5pm - the last entry/tour departs at 4pm so please arrive no later than 3:45pm. All our sanctuaries are all weather facility
- We are able to accommodate all ages and all group sizes
- Entrance fee to Monkeyland, Birds of Eden and Jukani is a day rate
Children aged 2 or younger are free
- We offer a pensioner rate to all our South African Pensioners of 10% off our normal rate, please state you are a pensioner on arrival at reception
- At both Monkeyland & Jukani all the tours are conducted by our safari guides, tours last 1 hour at Monkeyland and 1 hour 20 minutes at Jukani.
- All our sanctuaries and sanctuary facilities are wheelchair accessible
- All our sanctuaries have curio stores and there are restaurant facilities at Monkeyland and Birds of Eden only
- Our sanctuaries are strictly no touch (hands off) facilities
- We offer affordable sanctuary memberships (annual) options
Unless requested otherwise, tours are conducted in English or Afrikaans
- We have multi-lingual safari guides at Monkeyland (French) - this needs to be pre-booked a minimum of 48 hours prior to your arrival
- Remember to pack your cameras, Selfie-Sticks and GoPro extenders are not permitted
- Remember to please wear comfortable shoes
You do not have to book unless you are a group of 10 or more, you can just show up. Monkeyland's tours depart every 15 to 20 minutes starting at 8am in the morning with the last tour departing strictly at 4pm. Monkeyland tours are a hour long and tours are open-ended which means that you can go on more than one tour (during the day you visit us). Tours at Jukani depart throughout the day but you also have the option to do a self-guided walk through the sanctuary. Birds of Eden is self-guided and you will need about 1 and a half hours to visit here. Please note you need not use your combo or triptic ticket all on one day, if you purchase a triptic, as example, you can visit the sanctuaries on 3 different days. Tickets are valid for one year from date of purchase. They are only used when they are stamped with a company stamp.
We are open in all-weather situations and sell emergency poncho’s at all Curio stores for rainy days. Remember sunblock/sunhats (especially at Jukani) for sunny days. Anti-mosquito repellant is advisable at all times in the Garden Route. There is a free anti-mosquito cream available at Monkeyland as well as spray and cream available for purchase at all curio stores.
We advise closed shoes that are comfortable for walking. The sanctuaries are wheel chair accessible and there is a wheel chair at each sanctuary. You are most welcome to use it, free of charge. We also offer baby backpack carriers which make it easier to navigate through our sanctuaries than strollers.
Cameras are more than welcome however Go-Pro extenders and Selfie Sticks are not permitted in any of our three sanctuaries.
We offer STO rates to tour operators and these are available via email or by calling Lara on or +27 (0) 82 979 5683
There is a restaurant at each of our sanctuaries. Please note to be able to visit The Twitter cafe located inside Birds of Eden you need to purchase an entry ticket that includes Birds of Eden. All other restaurants are reachable without paying the entrance fee.
You can also contact our marketing manager Lara Mostert and request a copy and/or further information about Monkeyland, Birds of Eden and/or The Jukani Wildlife Sanctuary if so required.